Saturday, February 19, 2011

I DO Have Readers!

Much to my surprise... I DO have readers! Well, reader. Singular. My precious little sister-like friend,Kendra , awarded me the honor of putting me on her "Blogs I Like to Read" list. Because of this, I must now write seven facts about myself and then tell blogs I like to read.

1. I never really liked babies/kids very much... and then my dang husband knocked me up (despite our attempts to avoid this) and now I can't get enough of my little six week old "Brooksie-Bear". (Don't worry... His real name is Brooks but I think the "ie-Bear" adds a nice touch. And he will probably hate me for it later, but I gave birth to him so I can call him whatever I want.)

2. I talk to my dogs like they are people, and then pretend like they talk back.

3. I am a total hypochondriac. Headache? It's probably a life-threatening illness.

4. I don't discriminate against ANY type of chocolate cake... I'm like the Cookie Monster, but with chocolate cake.

5. I am a workaholic. I was taking work calls while I was in labor. Seriously.

6. I don't drink anything except for water (and sometimes chocolate milk). But I drink too much water. Yes, this is possible. I drink so much my nutrients probably don't have time to absorb. Which means, I will probably die from some sort of nutrient deficiency (See Number 3).

7. If I invited you over for dinner and you showed up to a spotlessly clean house, wonderful dinner, and no piles of laundry... Chances are my husband did it... He even went to the store to buy the groceries to cook your dinner. Not that I don't LIKE to cook, clean, and do laundry... Stephen is just better at it. :)

Now, for the blogs I like to read other than Kendra's

Katy
Be envious of her humor.

Tracy
Because she always makes me want to be a better person after reading hers.

Suz
She hasn't updated in two months, but hers is great!

The Kohlbacher's
Their life-touching journey to parenthood and the adoption process. (This one is by invite only. If you are interested in having access to this one, let me know and I will ask if I can get you on the reading list.)

Amy Jo
She's just cute any way you look at it.

Last, but not least...

Marc Blackwell
World renown photographer, amazing stay at home dad, and married to one of my favorite people... Stacey (Gregg)


Now, I obviously read others... like Keisha, Rachel, Courtney, and many more... and I love those too, but these are the first ones I started keeping up with (except Tracy whom I forced into blogging because we got pregnant around the same time and I wanted her to blog it), so they have a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so honored at your reaction to my blog. I always enjoy reading yours because you don't hold anything back. Your blog persona is a spitting image of you in real life. Love you Jess!

    ReplyDelete