Thursday, October 15, 2009

Twenty Days of Marital Bliss

So we have been married now a whole 20 days. And we haven't even tried to strangle each other. The newness of living together hasn't worn off yet... which means his dirty underwear on the bathroom floor isn't bothering me... YET.

My Aunt Laura (my dad's sister) told me yesterday that at our wedding ceremony, she felt like God was standing up there with us. That she could just feel His blessings pouring down on us. She said it was the most spiritual ceremony she has ever attended. That was such a wonderful compliment... and EXACTLY what we were hoping people would feel on our wedding day. We wanted people to feel God's love and our love for each other illuminating from the inside of the church out.

With that said, I want to inform our future children (who I am actually writing this little online diary for) that their dad is a wonderful man. He even has been holding up his end of the "in sickness and in health" promise. I have come down with a cough and been hacking my lungs up for two days now. Last night, Stephen went to Walgreens at 10:00 at night to get me some cough medicine. He even called my dad to find out what he needed to get me. Dad called me in some medicine and Stephen went to pick it up. They are both such good men! I hope if I have little girls, they get a man as good as the two men in my life. And if I have little boys, they better treat their women just like my men treat me... and they won't have a problem finding a girl who loves them as much as I love Stephen and my daddy.

Time to get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment