Thursday, August 26, 2010

Practice at Parenting

Last weekend, Stephen and I had the pleasure of babysitting our nephew Baylem (AKA: BayWatch)! Me... the girl who doesn't do diapers, bottles, or screaming babies... successfully carried out the responsibility of BayWatch four whole hours WITHOUT killing anyone, pulling out my hair, crying, or puking.

Now, when I say "I" successfully carried this out... what I REALLY mean is Stephen was the responsible one. He fed Baylem, played with Baylem, and when Bay was screaming his head off, I tried picking him up and he reached for STEPHEN! REALLY BAY?!?! We are BLOOD for cryin' out loud.

So the main reason for the post is to brag on myself. I changed my first ever poopie diaper. Yes! I realize I am 24 years old, and YES! I realize I am about 5 months from having a poopie-one of my own... and that's why I finally decided it was time for me to grow up and grab life by the horns (or grab the diapers by the little sticky tabs). And by that, I mean Stephen and I played rock, paper, scissors... and I lost and had to change the dang thing. I tried to play the whole "Stephen, I've been feeling really sick today from being pregnant and I just think I might puke at the smell" card... mission unaccomplished. JERK.

Basically, I am awesome at being an aunt/mom because I can change a poopie diaper (and although I gaged repetitively) I did NOT puke. I have come to a new point in my life... I am a baby butt wiping, bottle makin', bath givin', all around amazing aunt!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun practice. You'll do great as a mother. I am very similar to you when it comes to babies. I'm not a fan of bottles, diapers, screaming etc. That is why I will adopt teenagers, send them to college, pray they find great jobs one day so they can take care of me. Hmm. Just a thought. Have fun "practicing" you'll be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete