Saturday, January 16, 2010

What Is a Marriage License Anyway???

Last night, I finally got home from working in Colorado for a week. Upon my return, I half expected my wonderful husband to meet me at the airport with flowers and a big hug. When I walked out of the terminal and didn't see him there waiting, I proceeded downstairs to the baggage claim, carried my terribly heavy suitcase to my car (actually I wheeled it, but for purposes of making people feel sorry for me, let's say I carried it), and headed home.

On the way, I thought to myself "Well, maybe he didn't come to the airport because he was so busy planning something sweet for me when I get home." Nope. Nothing. Nada. He was sitting on his stupid "gaming chair" playing on his XBOX 360 with Chad. He didn't even come to the car to help me carry my bag, after I called him and said "I am about to pull up."

A little disappointed, I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and crawled into bed. That's when he decided to be interested in having his wife home. So me, who has not been sleeping well for the past six days JUST wanted to go to bed. But no, Stephen starts kissing on me... And then up come the dogs crawling all over us. So Stephen kicked them off and pulled me close, saying he just wanted to cuddle. Slowly drifting off, and trying to get him to stop trying to take advantage of me, Stephen finally says "I have a piece of paper around here somewhere that says you have to let me take advantage of you whenever I want."

So herein lies the question... What is a marriage license anyway?

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! I love you Jess!!!

    Yes... lunch! I had so much fun last week and miss you this past week, I'm happy you're home! :)

    ReplyDelete