Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy (1st) Holidays!

I have realized I am really bad at writing frequently.

To catch up, November was a busy month. I spent a lot of time working in Colorado. I realized how much I miss Stephen when I am away. It is hard working away from home so much as newlyweds. I think it's because newlyweds are supposed to be all lovey-dovey and we can't be that way since we aren't together much. For my birthday, we went to The Melting Pot in Bricktown. We also went shopping and Stephen got me some new jeans. Then, our first Thanksgiving as a married couple. December was another month full of Colorado working. I spent one weekend with Hudson and Barbara in Colorado Springs. We got our wedding photos back. The rest of the month was full of Christmas shopping and family time at the in-laws.

Speaking of holidays, I have realized one of the biggest hurdles we have had thus far is deciding how to do the holidays. There is so much pressure in being married, because where we used to just go to our respective parents' houses, he to his and me to mine, now we are married... and there are expectations. To add to the mix, Chris came to Thanksgiving in Poteau for the first time in 7 years. So that was VERY special! Family has always been important to me and him both, so it was difficult coming up with a plan that worked. But, we spent the day before and Thanksgiving morning with my family, Thanksgiving evening and the rest of the weekend in Poteau. Then Christmas, we spent the day before Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve with my family, with the expectation of going to Poteau on Christmas Eve morning. We did, however, get stuck in the 2009 Oklahoma Blizzard. So after driving from Duncan to Marlow, we turned around back to Duncan and stayed there until Christmas day. Then it was back to OKC, where we spent the rest of the weekend. For New Years, we spent the whole time in Poteau, had Christmas dinner and celebrated Christmas with Daril & Janet.

We had a wonderful (and busy) holiday season, and we were able to fit everything in. Now it's time for some rest and relaxation before more work trips to Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment